Introduce yourself!

5272 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hello & Welcome Kelly!

You have certainly come to the right place to both learn & enjoy.
Marisa has super tutorials to get you started here:
https://www.digitalscrapbook.com/help

I can't wait to see your pages!

Thank you for the welcome. This site is amazing smiley Can I ask one question about the TOU license. I have zero interest in selling anything I make, but I wanted to be sure that the personal license covers using the kits and stuff to put together pages to be printed in a photo book. I would like to make a few books as Christmas gifts for family and friends. Of course what they would get would be physical printed items, given as gifts not sold but I just want to be sure that is covered on the personal license because I did not see making gifts listed as a possible use…. I might have just missed it.

Thank you for your time smiley

@Kelly: Yes, the personal license covers anything non-commercial, which includes photo books for gifts.

Thank you so much, for the wonderful site and answering my question.

Good morning! I’m new to digital scrapbooking. I’ve been scrapbooking traditionally for over 20 years. I think digital scrapbooking is a great way to document on the go. I’ve been looking around the forum and the site an I’ve already learned a few things.

Hello & Welcome Lolis!
The tutorials here are excellent indeed!
I am glad that you were able to get a good start on things!

Hi! I'm Allyson! I've been traditional scrapbooking for 20 years, digital scrapbooking for about 5 years and I'm brand new to Photoshop Elements and have loads of questions!

I’m Suzy and I haven’t introduced myself because I don’t scrapbook, nor do I use Photoshop. I write and semi, quasi-illustrate little handbooks and newsletters for non-profits, and I use Paint Shop Pro. I come here if I need something like a spray of stars because it’s faster and easier to find them here than making them myself. However, the tutorials have been very helpful and the same directions are used for PSP, so I decided it might be fun to make them myself. Since so many of the things I choose look hand drawn, even my closest friends and relatives think I can draw, and I cannot! I can’t tell you the number of people who have told me how nice my handwriting is when I use Fonts for Peas.

I play pickleball, bike ride, am a flower show judge, and also breed flowers. I also do genealogy - every month of January, I research someone’s roots for them, usually someone who can’t do it for themselves. Oh, and I use Paint Shop Pro for illustrating the little genealogy books I make, too

Hello Allyson! Welcome!
I joined when I first started using Photoshop myself.
Marisa has some wonderful tutorials to help you get you started Here.

Hello Suzy & Welcome!
You keep yourself busy!
The flower breeding sounds divine!

Thanks, Jennifer. Flower breeding is pretty much like farming, so it’s not pretty and elegant like you might think. I breed miniature daffodils, and daffodils take 6-7 YEARS to go from seed to maiden bloom, but there is a dearth of miniature Daffs and hardly any colors available, so the need is there. They are the turtles of flowers. SLOW. (Even a gigantic peony is only 3 years from seed to maiden bloom!). More than you wanted to know, I’m sure, but I wanted to quash the “divine” aspect from your mind. 😄

Thanks everyone for saying hello!

Hello everyone! I'm not the best at introducing myself, but here it goes! My name is Angela, and I come from Belgium. However, I've spent some time living in Sweden and Germany, and I've also had the amazing opportunity to explore South America solo (and that's where fate brought my husband into my life).

When it comes to hobbies, I absolutely adore cats (I have a whopping nine of them!), photography, creating beautiful designs on porcelain plates and cups, and getting crafty with scrapbooking. In a nutshell, cats are the center of my universe smiley They serve as my muse, my driving force, and my ultimate source of joy.

Any feline enthusiasts in the house? smiley

Hi, my name is Holly. Born and raised in Tennessee. I’m enjoying my second and final marriage, and I have a grown daughter. I work full time as a caregiver for my husband who has muscular dystrophy, and I also have a part time job as a delivery driver for a florist shop. I love reading, studying the Bible, watching movies (especially sci-fi and fantasy), and making various kinds of crafts. I don’t actually scrapbook at all. Gasp! Please don’t throw me out! I actually use the scrapbook papers I get from here in other crafts. I mostly make Christmas ornaments, but I am trying to learn other crafts as well. I just recently started with digitalscrapbook.com, so I haven’t yet learned all the ins and outs of how to participate in the community. But I would like to say that what I have seen so far is so very impressive! You guys are all such talented artisans! I truly love all the beauty of the papers and other elements you guys have designed! Thanks for letting me be a part (I will try to participate more once I figure out how to do so lol). May God bless you all!

Hi! - I'm D'Anna and am trying out digital scrapbooking at a week-long retreat. I LOVE the smell of paper and I like the hands-on crafting, but I'm also getting tired of lugging it all...so I'm going to see if I like this better. I love the idea of being able to resize photos to fit and not having to crop anything out and changing colors of embellishments!

I have two daughters and am married, with dogs, cats, and all that comes with a busy household. I teach high school English in a small midwest town in the states where we live. I'm an avid reader, love the theater and cinema, and would travel more if I had more money -- wouldn't we all? smiley

Hi...I'm Patricia and I live in the Netherlands. I'm born in 1974. I am married and have twins, a boy and a girl.
My children are disabled and need a lot of care.
All my life I have been creative with many different things.
In recent years a lot with junk journals. It clears my head and I relax that way.
I want to design my own papers to use in my own journals. A new hobby... A new way to relax.

My name is Jenn and I am a scrap addict....lol.
I started digi scrapping in 2010 and designing in 2012 and LOVE this site smiley

Hello & a warm welcome Angela! Holly! D'Anna! Patricia! Jenn!

Angela: I have 3 kitties myself (brothers & sisters), they mean the world to me too!
Holly: It's a fantastic community indeed! This is a super place to start! Marisa's tutorials are fantastic!
D'Anna: You will love the transition to digital. There are always new things to see and learn! I hope your "retreat" was a success!
Patricia: I have found digital scrapbooking comforting and relaxing as well! Such lovely peeps to share it with here too!
Jenn: So glad you found your way here! I can't wait to see your creations!

Hello to all new scrapbook fans,

welcome have fun and inspiration with us, don't be afraid to ask, someone always has an answer. And then show us your creative results.

I also love cats and a few other members do too.

Holly, if you like reading the Bible, we also have a scripture challenge here monthly. It would be nice if you came along.

And those who use Scrap to relax and make friends because they have handicapted family members are not alone. I have had a husband disabled by hemiparesis for 20 years. But Jesus is my savior, helper and giver of strength and I am thankful for the status quo every day. We've even been able to celebrate our golden wedding anniversary (see my gallery) So I'm looking forward to your first works in challenges or the gallery.

Welcome everyone! Thanks for taking the time to say hello. It's so fun to have so many new faces from different places!

Hi everyone! My name is Amber and I have been scrapbooking (off and on) ever since I picked up a paper scrapbook on a whim while on summer break from college back in 1998. I discovered digital scrapbooking in 2007 and was instantly hooked since it combined my love of memory-keeping and technology. I started creating my own designs in 2008. I took a long break over the past few years due to getting busy with homeschooling and tutoring ESL/Literacy with some lovely women from Afghanistan, but am now excited to get back to scrapping because I've missed it a lot! Looking forward to learning from you all. smiley

Hello & a warm welcome Amber!

This is a fantastic community!
A super place to begin creating again!
I look forward to seeing yours!

Welcome Amber!

Hey! I'm Holly from Canada. I'm a homeschool mom of many children. I don't have much time, but like to dabble a bit with this kind of stuff when I have a project to work on. I hope to learn lots!

✿ Hello & Welcome Holly!
It is certainly a wonderful community to
learn everything you need to know in!
The best place to start is Here.

What a great reason to scrapbook! But remember, she will want to know all about Mom one day!

Hello, all! I have been digital journaling for a little while now. I'm probability at the intermediate level . I have trouble with focusing and procrastinating, thanks to ADHD tendencies. I also remember better when I handwrite rather than type. I tried paper journaling/planning for several months a la my mom in the 1990s. 😂 The difficulty was that I had to remember to have my planner and to look at it. No reminder notifications!

I started out on my phone at first. I looked at subreddits on journaling for the best apps and chose Inkredible Free and then Pro. Inkredible is fantastic, but it doesn't support bookmarks. From there I went to Flexcil, which served me well until recently. My tablet was a freebie and has limited memory and storage. I have added a 256 GB SD card, but Flexcil saved everything internally. It was also not exporting or backing up as I liked. So I sucked it up and moved to JNotes. I sadly lost a bunch of stuff when I switched, but I think it was worth it! JNotes has a great backup function and supports bookmarks, outlines, etc. It will also import stickers and papers I find here and at other websites (e.g, pngfind.com). Now, I feel like I have taken my digital journaling to the next level. I feel like I am now worthy of the title "digital journaler." 😋

With all that said, this website and your resources have been a godsend for finding beautiful and functional design elements. This community has been a part of my day for a little while now; it is integral now to my daily dose of creativity. I am so grateful to all who create these wonderful papers and embellishments. You make my day literally brighter!

Here's to amazing creativity and design for all of you in the years to come!

Thank you!
Phyllis

Hi everyone!
I'm Michele and live in Arizona, but I grew up in Colorado. I am mom to 4 wonderful kiddos, bonus mom to 3 wonderful kiddos, and Mimi to 9 beautiful grandbabies. I'm also pet mom to 2 furbabies and 2 feathered kids (my "fids"), and a "Pawma" as my daughter calls it to numerous furry "kids". I started digital scrapbooking in 2005, so some of the kits and templates I use come from great designers who no longer share their work, or I just haven't found them again yet lol. I started my digiscrapping with Corel, but after a computer crash, and a lot of away time, I am currently learning my way around Adobe Photoshop. Some of my recent layouts are of my furbabies, one of my fids, and my grandbabies (which I'm not sure how to attach to this post, but I'll get there...eventually lol)

Hello & Welcome Phyllis & Michele!

Phyllis, sounds like you are on the right track!
Here's to your creativity as well!

Michele, I bet you have a trunk full of pictures!
Keeping you busy in a lifetime of scrapping!

Welcome everyone! Thanks for saying hello.

Hi, I'm Vicki from Illinois! I'm a high school secretary (I go back to work August 1st) but in trying to come up with a "side hustle" to help pay for a new-to-me vehicle I just got, I decided to redo my Etsy shop graphics and add some more printables/download listings in the near future.

I used to do a lot of digital scrapbooking when my kids were younger so I went looking online for some new kits to download that were also commercial-use-friendly in case I wanted to use the graphics in files I post on Etsy in the future. I found this website and loving it so far! So glad to be here!

Pages